Thursday, May 10, 2012

Epic Failure

Yep, thats me. I am so awful at this posting thing! In my defense, my weekend was spent taking care of a sick husband and a teething baby and then I was preparing for my mom to come to visit and our upcoming trip to Colorado. I need to post an update blog on life, but first things first...lets talk about days 4-7 (8 and 9 yet to come).


Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn't have, or something that you are looking forward to. 
   
           Well, of course, if you ask me...I don't have bad habits. Nah. All kidding aside, I totally do. I would have to say my worst habit is procrastination. I am notorious for waiting until the last minute and then rushing around LIKE A CRAZY PERSON. Yesterday is a perfect example. For months I have known my mom was coming. Months. I booked the ticket for crying out loud! So, I wait until the day before to buy her birthday presents. I knew what I was getting her I just hadn't made time to get to the mall. Of course, as should be expected, I couldn't find one of the things. Blah blah blah...long story short I ended up having to rush into a store (gift bag and tissue paper in tow) on my way to the airport. Thankfully they had exactly what I was looking for, but it would have been a non-event had I planned ahead. One day I will learn (or not). 

Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to

This is one of my absolutely favorite pictures ever...


When Ed was deployed in 2009 what ended up being a routine 6 month deployment quickly turned into a treacherous 8 month endeavor. I say endeavor because of the ridiculous backwards information, lack of communication, and continuos extensions. Thats a whole other story, though. Anyway....about "halfway" through the deployment the submarine pulled into Scotland. A lot of the wives went to meet up with their husbands. Ed and I had been dating for all of 5 months (I think) at this point. We had been together 2 months when he left and decided we would give it a go (and by we decided I mean I refused to let him break up with me. Also another story for another day). So, we met up in Scotland and had a wonderful week together, reminding us that what we had was worth waiting for. This is also where we decided to move in together upon his return. This picture was taken at the top of Edinburgh Castle in Edinburgh Scotland. It was a perfect day. 


Day 06- Favorite super hero and why 

Ooooh superheros. Thats a tough one. Growing up I was never a comic book kind of girl. I never got into the superhero cartoons (though I do remember the batman and robin cartoon from when I was really young). As an adult, though, with the help of hollywood I have become immersed in the Marvel/DC/Superhero stories. I really like hearing form actual comic book junkies how the movies differ from the actual stories in the comic books. Anyway, I digress. While I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Batman (who doesn't love a debonair normal man who is out to avenge his parents murder?) I would have to say my favorite superhero, based on skill and purpose, would have to be  Wonder Woman. Here is how wikipedia describes her --

Wonder Woman is a warrior Princess of the Amazons (based on the Amazons of Greek mythology) and was created by Marston, an American, as a "distinctly feminist role model whose mission was to bring the Amazon ideals of love, peace, and sexual equality to a world torn by the hatred of men." [2] Known in her homeland as Diana of Themyscira, her powers includesuperhuman strength, flight (even though the original Wonder Woman did not have this ability), super-speed, super-stamina, and super-agility. She is highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat and in the art of tactical warfare. She also possesses animal-like cunning skills and a natural rapport with animals, which has been presented as an actual ability to communicate with the animal kingdom. She uses her Lasso of Truth, which forces those bound by it to tell the truth, a pair of indestructible bracelets, a tiara which serves as a projectile, and, in some stories, an invisible airplane.

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty bad ass to me. 


Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you


Easily, this little boy has had the greatest impact on my life. He has been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Don't get my wrong...I love my husband and my wedding day was a top 3 contender for best days ever, but this little one takes the cake. As a first time mother, I was absolutely terrified of him when he was born. I was afraid to hold him, afraid to change his diaper, and pretty much had no clue what I was suppose to do with him. Pregnancy in no way prepares you for actually having another human being that you are solely responsible for. Regardless of how tough it has been (and sometimes still is), he is amazing and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He has made me a better person, because now I'm his mommy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment