Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bathing Suit Dread

Yeah, I've been MIA. Lots going on in these parts!

To fully understand the bathing suit debacle I am about to share, I must first tell you the story of our honeymoon.

Because the Navy is such a glorious branch of the armed forces, Ed and I were forced to take our honeymoon a few months after our wedding. Its common, unfortunately, and many couples I know never actually get to take a honeymoon because of the Navy's unending generosity. Regardless, we were married at the beginning of January and didnt actually go on our honeymoon until the end of March.

Approximately 4 days after I found out I was pregnant.

In addition to being pregnant, Ed's dad and stepmom were kind enough to offer us one of their time shares for a trip to Aruba, which happened to coincide with the trip they were taking to Aruba, at the same resort. Now, dont get me wrong...I love my in-laws they are wonderful, generous people, but being in Aruba with morning sickness, no alcohol, and an additional 5 lbs (I swear I started gaining weight the SECOND I found out I was pregnant!)....not quite what I had envisioned.

I digress. The point of all of this is that we are going on a cruise at the end of the year. Not just a cruise, but  a wild and crazy extravagant cruise to the Caribbean. We have been planing and talking and making arrangements for Preston and the dogs and just today it hit me....holy shit I have to put on a bathings suit in 3 months.

Everyone whines about how much weight they gain during pregnancy and how hard it is to lose. They do not joke. Now, I gained 65 lbs, which is about double of what you are suppose to gain, but as healthy as I ate I was huge. To date I have lost about 40 of it....leaving 25 that still hangs around.

I have started doing weight watchers again, which is how I lost the initial chunk of weight (you know, that, and actually giving birth) and I am training for a 5k thats in October. I am hopeful that I can at least get close to my goal weight by our trip but still the thought of putting on a bathing suit makes me a bit squeamish.

This leads to the question of where to buy a bathing suit when you 1) do not weigh 95 lbs, 2) bear lovely tiger stripes on your stomach from a sweet little boy, and 3) dont want to look like a skank.

I am open to suggestions. And in the mean time...I am going to go dream about cake.

2 comments:

  1. Be a proud mommy and dont worry about what everyone else thinks. Just find a tankini or a cute one piece!! :) No matter what just remember you are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome y'all are finally getting away alone! I found a tankini at Target that I wore all summer, though I'm not sure you'd be able to find one in stores now. I'm pretty obsessed with Shabby Apple's swimsuits {http://www.shabbyapple.com/}. While I haven't ordered one myself, I've come close, and all the reviews are super positive...plus with free returns if you don't like it, it's worth a shot! Some of them are a bit pricey, but it's worth it if you can find one you love and can wear for years to come. We need to run together! :}

    ReplyDelete