Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Planning Mayhem

I cannot believe that my sweet little boy will be turning a year old in just 2 months time! A mom I met during our travels last month put it perfectly -- she said, "the days are long but the years are short". How true!

For anyone who knows me and/or has talked to me about party planning knows that I have had the HARDEST time coming up with a theme for Preston's birthday party. This dismays Ed, because, initially we weren't even going to have a party. Being that his birthday is on Thanksgiving, we figured we would do a small family thing after dinner (and we may or may not have joked about toasting a shot of tequila to making it through the first year). After much deliberation, though, I won him over on having a party...now I am making him (and everyone else) crazy with the planning.

I wont bore with the details except to say that I have changed the theme approximately 863 times...often to a theme I had considered before. In all honesty, we have probably circled the same 5 themes. Fear not! I have settled on a theme and ordered invitations before I could change my mind! Fate intervened (thankfully) and I found this invitation on etsy, which actually matches the paper I bought to make the decor. Now all is right in party planning land!

Stay tuned to see how my decor progresses and just how cute my little gentleman is going to look ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment