I received the Liebster blog award from Colleen at parties and cardis, which was so sweet of her! Thanks, Colleen!
What’s a Liebster Award you ask?
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. It's also a great way to discover new blogs!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter and link back to their blog.
2. Share 11 things about yourself and answer the questions given to you.
3. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers, and provide them with questions to answer about themselves.
4. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
11 Things About Me!
1. I met my husband online. Eharmony.com to be exact. After our first date I called my best friend and told her that I had met the man I was going to marry.
2. This is the first love of my life. Her name is Bella, but she goes my B, BFran (her middle name is obviously Frances), Brown dog, and Frank. I credit her for teaching me to love something more than I love myself. Also, she's kind of a diva.
3. Zoey (also known as pants, face, and bugs) came along a few years later and taught me patience. She is naughty. Enough said.
4. I could dip pretty much anything in french onion dip, especially pizza.
5. My best friend convinced me to move to Connecticut with her for 6 weeks....I stayed for 4 years.
6. I love sleep. A lot. Even when I am not sick or pregnant I could happily sleep 10 hours a night. My husband, on the other hand, is use to functioning on 5.
7. This kid....he's my favorite person in the entire world (even when he's dressed like a 95 year old man on the golf course).
8. I've always wanted to be a runner. I usually get tired/bored/uninterested after the first mile.
9. I have 4 tattoos. I've considered having 2 of them removed but often flirt with the idea of getting another one.
10. I love coffee but I usually only love it with a ton of other things added to it...cream/sugar/flavors/hot chocolate...my husband makes fun of me.
11. I have been to somewhere around 19 different countries, but I always forget at least one or two when I try to list them!
My Questions from Colleen!
1. Do you have a day job and what is it? I dont know if I would consider it a day job, but I am an independent stylist with Stella & Dot. It's fun and I love that I can work pretty much when I want to.
2. What inspired you to start blogging? Being a Navy family, we move around a lot and are often away from our friends and family. I thought it would be a great way to keep in touch with people all over the place!
3. What would be your tip for new bloggers? Ugh, I am definitely not the person to ask for tips! I am still floundering most days. I'd say to be diligent in posting and to not be afraid to ask questions.
4. Lemonade or Sweet Tea? Usually I would say lemonade but these two babies I am growing crave sweet tea All. The. Time.
5. What is your favorite workout? There for a while I was into Slim in 6 by Beachbody, but lately I have been doing 10 Minute Prenatal Pilates, which I love!
6. What is your dream vacation? My idea of vacation is laying on a beach, reading a book, and generally relaxing. My dream would be to do this on one of those over the water huts in Bora Bora.
7. Who is your first phone call after a bad day and why? It depends why my day was bad. It's either Ed, my best friend Katie, or my mom.
8. If you had to choose just one beauty product what would it be? Chapstick. I'd die without Chapstick.
9. Three adjectives to describe you..go! Sarcastic. Giving. Funny?
10. Lipstick or lip gloss? Lip gloss.
11. What celebrity would play you in a movie? I'm going to go with Jennifer Lawrence. In my mind it matters very little that we look nothing alike. She's so sweet and normal and funny. I'd want someone normal to play me.
Questions for my Nominees:
1. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
3. If you could become a character in a TV show or movie, who would it be?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
6. What is one item that you will splurge on for yourself?
7. Where is the one place you have always wanted to visit?
8. Would you rather a take a picture or be in a picture?
9. Guiltiest pleasure?
10. What book are your reading right now?
11. Name one thing that you consider yourself to be really good at.
And My Nominees Are...
Navy Girl @ Marrying The Navy
Cameron @ The Stimson Chronicles
Chelsea @ The Life We Love
Bri @ Mumbling Bri
Emily @ Life in the Fishbowl