About Me

My photo
The day I said "I do" I married the love of my life and the United States Navy. Since then we have been enjoying the life that the Navy has offered us. This is the story of my days as a wife, stay at home mom of 3 , dog wrangler, and coordinator of our crazy lives!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cooking and Cleaning and Crafting - Oh My!

I don't know about the rest of you moms (and non-moms) out there, but before becoming pregnant I was your stereotypical single girl. Granted, Ed and I lived together and I was relatively domestic, but it wasn't until I was pregnant that I turned into this "super mom".

I have never been much of a cook. Spaghetti? Got it. Grilled cheese? I'm on it. Salad? Done! Anything that required ingredients I didn't readily have available or took too much effort I just wasn't interested in. I am the girl that use to have french fries for dinner and on more than one occasion, wine and garlic bread. (In my defense, Ed was on the boat so he was gone a lot). The first time I made something with more than 5 ingredients was a couple of months before we got married. Friends were impressed. I wish I were kidding.

My mom is crafty. Like, super crafty. She can see something and generally duplicate it. She makes silver jewelry for heavens sake! Anyway, I am not really that crafty. I use to scrapbook and paint but got away from those and other than the DIY aspects of our wedding, I haven't hadn't been much of a crafter as an adult.

Then I got pregnant.

I tell you people, those hormones do some crazy things! It was almost like as soon as we moved in and got settled (I was roughly 2 months pregnant?) I decided that I needed to start making EVERYTHING. (This is also about the time that pinterest came along. I blame them too). Since then I have gotten majorly into paper crafting, card making in particular, and now I find all kinds of projects that I want to do. This bathmat, a t-shirt quilt for all of Ed's old Virginia Tech t-shirts, and this name art project for Preston's room are just a few of the projects waiting in my queue.

I am constantly amazed at how motherhood changes things. Sure our priorities shift and we are now responsible for growing and nurturing a little person (or people), but its amazing how much it changes things you wouldn't consider.

Alright, I'm off to Hobby Lobby before picking P up at the sitter. I am determined to get our living room wall done this week (and pictures to come!).

No comments:

Post a Comment