About Me

My photo
The day I said "I do" I married the love of my life and the United States Navy. Since then we have been enjoying the life that the Navy has offered us. This is the story of my days as a wife, stay at home mom of 3 , dog wrangler, and coordinator of our crazy lives!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cooper River Bridge Run

I mentioned in previous posts that Ed and I were going to Charleston, SC for a weekend. While we had friends that were going to be visiting there, and we were looking for a romantic weekend away, the main reason we went was for the Cooper River Bridge Run. Now, I have never been a runner. As much as I would love to be, I am more of a short distance girl. Nonetheless, I willingly signed up for a 10k. Now, I had all intentions of training for this race, but motherhood was not so willing to comply....





 We had to be at the start line by 7, which required us to get up at 5 to catch the bus across the bridge As you can tell...I am not really a morning person.







The race was delayed and we were at the waaaay back of the pact of 44,000 people. To put it into perspective, the winner of the race had been done for over a half hour before we even crossed the start line. We joked that the race was 6.2 miles unless you were in the M corral (which we were) in which case the race was 7 miles.






 It was nice to walk and get to enjoy the day and get some sun. We finished in about an hour and a half or so. Ed, of course, was totally fine. It was just a normal day for him (except he would have ran it). I, however, was exhausted. Baby's take it out of ya!


In addition to the race, we got to spend some quality time eating and drinking our way around Charleston. Most definitely enjoyable!






All in all it was really nice to get some time away to reconnect. It's amazing how the days just fly by taking care of the little one, so we definitely needed some "us" time. As a mommy, though....I couldn't wait to get back to this...





No comments:

Post a Comment