About Me

My photo
The day I said "I do" I married the love of my life and the United States Navy. Since then we have been enjoying the life that the Navy has offered us. This is the story of my days as a wife, stay at home mom of 3 , dog wrangler, and coordinator of our crazy lives!

Friday, June 8, 2012

teething

I thought we had dodged a bullet. One day My son stuck my finger in his mouth and SURPRISE, there was a little tooth poking through his gums. He had been (minimally) fussy and had no other symptoms of teething, so it really took us all by surprise. We have a laid back baby. He's happy. He's easy. And now he's full on teething, so he is a complete stranger.

While his first bottom tooth cut through the gums, his second bottom tooth is taking its time. He is cranky and fussy and slobbery, and currently chewing on my Jack Rogers sandals. I know this too shall pass but it feels never ending. I feel as if I will never sleep through the night again. I feel like there isn't enough wine in the greater Memphis area.

I feel like we have tried every trick in the book -- ibuprofen at night, orajel, cold washcloths, etc. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some trick to surviving this stage?!? If there is...help a girl out!

No comments:

Post a Comment